Effective date: April 1, 2021
Cousin's March (“Cousin's March,” “we,” or “us”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy needs of users of cousinsmarch.com (the “Site”), subscribers to our mailing lists, and participants in our surveys and contests (collectively, “Users”). This policy describes the Personal Information (e.g. name, address, email address, phone number, etc.) we gather about you, what we do with it, the safeguards we have in place to protect it, and how you can control our use of such Personal Information. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you. By providing your personal details to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Statement as set out below. If you do not agree to this statement, please do not provide your personal details to us.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
We may collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Information” or “PII”) such as your name, your contact information, your shipping information, and your billing information (such as credit card account data). We collect PII when you provide it to us, for example when you interact with our Site, place an order, or sign up for our mailing list.
We use the PII that we collect to provide services (such as to process and ship your orders or respond to customer service requests), to analyze and improve our online platforms and to conduct marketing. If you register for email or if you provide your email address to us, we will send you emails about a variety of topics such as product launches, classes and events, special sales, promotional offers, and/or sustainability topics. Please see below for your choices regarding how we collect, use, and share your PII.
We share email activity data with our marketing email provider to help them better target email deployments to consumers. While our marketing email provider has access to email address and email activity and may share bulk/non-specific activity data, no Email addresses or specific email actions are ever shared with other third parties. Should a consumer wish to opt out of this sharing, that consumer simply needs to opt out of marketing email from us.
We automatically collect certain non-personal information when you use the Site. For example, we collect information about the devices you use to connect to the Site (such as the IP address of your computer or numeric identifier of your mobile device) and about how you use the Site (such as what time you visit). We, and our advertisers and ad servers, may also collect non-personal information outside the Site to measure the success of our advertising campaigns. We use the non-personal information that we collect for a variety of purposes such as to provide and improve the Site, and to analyze our advertising.
Our Site also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service. We and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
Information You Post
All information that you share about yourself, whether PII or not, in a public open forum – such as on a social network – will be considered public information for the purposes of this policy. If you don’t want it to be public, please don’t post it.
Retention and Transfer of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our products and services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request by unsubscribing, opting-out, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal Information may be transferred and stored to secure servers in the United States.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may be able to set your browser to reject and/or delete cookies. For instructions, check your browser’s technical information. However, if you reject or delete cookies then this may disable or interfere with features of the Site or other websites you visit. We recommend that you leave cookies “turned on” so we can offer you a better shopping experience on our website.
We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time, in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are using the Site and elsewhere on the Internet. This practice is known as interest-based advertising. You may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more and to opt out of this type of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory program. We do not operate or control this site, and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. If you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
We employ organizational, procedural, and technical safeguards to secure data in our possession, consistent with the sensitivity level of such data. When sensitive information (such as a credit card data) is collected on our Site it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and may be processed by third parties using similar levels of protection. Regardless of the precautions we take, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
OTHER DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. As a registered user, you can manage many of your individual account and profile settings within your account provided through the Site, or you may contact us directly by emailing us at email@example.com. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, individuals who are residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) can object to processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent you can withdraw consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- EEA residents have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children and all children’s products we sell are for purchase by adults only.